The Bunting Society
for those interested in the name Bunting and its variants.
About Us |  Apply to Join Us |  Pay Us via PayPal |  Members Interests |
The Bunting Society-First Place in the One-Name Society category of the FFHS Website Award
Home | Links | Gallery | Family Trees |  Most Popular |  Diary of Stories/Queries | -  | Add a Story/Query | Add a Link | Add an Event |

Welcome to The Bunting Society
12:56AM UTC - Tuesday, 12 December 2017     Contact Administrator. Please include your username.

The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Buntings in Wednesbury/Walsall
Authored by: Michael Bunting FSG on 07:29PM UTC - Saturday, 12 November 2005

Dear Vicky,
The Society does at least have a note of the family of Joseph and Mary and at some time it would be helpful of you to share your information with us as to which of the children you are descended from. Perhaps you would consider joining the Society? We do not at the moment have anyone specifically researching Walsall but three are doing the Uttoxeter area where Joseph and Mary possibly lived.
William having been a Weighing Machine Manufacturer may well have made a will, which, if you are lucky, may give clues about his family and his kindred. The Society has records of wills available in the post 1858 era.
I see why you felt that Joseph's marriage to a Mary Smith was a possibility but as you also wrote it is too late for the possibility of an earlier Uttoxeter element to the family comprising a William and an Ann.
Whilst I am always worried about LDS submitted entries I feel you must pursue that back to the person who entered it as they could have some really helpful information.
You don't say where you live, ie. somewhere near the Stafford Record Office and so could look yourself at the Parish Registers which often contain supplementary information written by the Rector or the Parish Clerk.
I am fairly certain that our Record Keeper does have a printed Staffordshire family tree.
Well I think that is all that I can contribute for the moment.
Michael.

Buntings in Wednesbury/Walsall
Authored by: Anonymous on 09:29PM UTC - Monday, 14 November 2005

Hi, thanks for the reply.
From the 1841 census it would appear that the two groups of sibs I'd found are in fact the same same family. Meaning that Joseph & Mary had at least 6 children: William b. 1814, Mary b. 1816, Joseph b. 1822, Isaac b. 1825, Abel b. 1827 and Elizabeth b. 1833. In 1841 Joseph Snr. is a scale beam maker.
I am descended from William b. 1814 through his eldest son Alfred, who moved up to Newcastle-on-Tyne. Alfred's father-in-law was also a scale maker.
I live in S. Yorks so can't easily get to Staffs to do any research, so I've ground to a halt for now. However, I'll have a look at the IGI films & see if anything comes to light from them.
I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a link to the Uttoxeter families a generation or two further back; none of my ancestors seem to have stayed in the same place for very long!
Regards
Vicky

Buntings in Wednesbury/Walsall
Authored by: victor bunting on 12:07PM UTC - Tuesday, 15 November 2005
I recognise some names mentioned by Vicky as being part of my family. As Vicky does not appear to be a member of the Society how can I contact her to discuss??

---
Vic.B

Buntings in Wednesbury/Walsall
Authored by: Jerry Green on 12:16PM UTC - Tuesday, 15 November 2005
As Vicky didn't login. We have no idea of how to contact her. Remember to login before submitting articles or comments to this website. Your e-mail address will never be made public.

---
Jerry Green
Society Webmaster.

Buntings in Wednesbury/Walsall
Authored by: Michael Bunting FSG on 10:53PM UTC - Thursday, 17 November 2005

Dear Vicky,
Please respond to Victor Bunting's reply either directly, click on 425 on his message, or better still log on as the Webmaster has suggested and then we can all chart your progress in finding out about your family.
We are only here to help!
Michael.

Buntings in Wednesbury/Walsall
Authored by: Michael Bunting FSG on 01:56PM UTC - Wednesday, 23 November 2005

Vicky,
Our Record Keeper, Mary Rix, also believes that she has information that would be useful to you.
Do log in. Michael.

Buntings in Wednesbury/Walsall
Authored by: Dr Vicky Hakin Smith on 12:53PM UTC - Thursday, 24 November 2005

Hi everyone

Finally remembered I needed to log in before writing...

I have contacted Vic directly.

Would love to hear of any other links.

Thanks

Vicky

The Bunting Society is Member 1696 of The Guild of One-Name Studies.
The Bunting Society News Feed. The Bunting Society Website is a Family Friendly Website